The Town Hall
The Town Hall overlooks the main square of the town and is a building with a 300-year history. It was built in 1773 as the Bishop's Palace and was used as a summer residence by the Bishops of Ancona. After the Kingdom of Italy was established and the suppression of ecclesiastical property took place, the Palace did not go to the State, but remained with the Church. Later the Palace was acquired by the State, which in 1911 handed it over to the Municipality in exchange for a modest payment, and it became the municipal seat until 1928, the year in which the Municipality of Numana was united with that of Sirolo. In 1929, the former bishop's palace was used as an industrial factory by the historic Frontalini accordion factory, which was responsible for the progressive economic and social transformation of the Numana community, some of whose models are still preserved inside the palace. The building was returned to the Municipality in 1966 and, after being completely renovated, became the municipal headquarters again in 1983.